Friday, November 17, 2006

A Loss Before The Big Game

It is a sad day in the sports world. This morning I heard that Bo Schembechler had collapsed at a TV studio this morning. Life went on as usual. Work, phone calls, etc. I get back in the vehicle and I hear Jim Rome talking about the passing of the legendary coach. I was surprised. One of the phrases that you always hear after something like this is "it puts things in perspective." It is true. This game, Michigan at The Ohio State is a huge rivalry. As I am listening to the radio, I hear Rome taking calls from both sides of the rivalry. EVERYONE gave their condolences to the Wolverine family. It was The Ohio State being class acts and letting Michigan know they felt their loss. It wasn't only the Buckeyes though. I heard calls from many different college alumni. The game will go on. Both teams will play hard. I am sure the rivalry will go on. BUT, I am sure tomorrow will be a little different than most years. My condolences go out the the Wolverine family and to the family of Bo Schembechler.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger